Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tipsy: A Confession

One tequila. Two tequila. Three tequila. FLOOR!

Face palm. It goes boil down to putting yourself into a pond of shame and intriguing eyes stabbing at you. Can you feel my mortification? And wonder what am I talking? Thus, let me share you a story, a friggin’ story of my one hell night. Saturday night out and you know the drill. Got a hint? Yeah, what you are thinking right now might probably be right. Or not. Do not jostle it to my face because the damage was well done and I am fully aware of it. Tick tock.

Well, what really happened was revolting and appalling 'coz I lost my self-possession and my sanity, literally. I know, I may be seen in a bar every other day or every weekend but I make sure I will be able to gather myself when I go home or the least is not comatose – dead drunk. But did I regret what happened? Nah, I didn’t regret any of those happened to me. I was out with friends in our usual hangout bar place in the metro and eager to drink (yes, the fitting word is eager). Ordered Cuervo while waiting for the others, thus, when the bottle of tequila laid out in our bare eyes without any uncertainty me and my friend gulped it down like there's no tomorrow. The bottle of tequila didn't take that long in our table because every drop of it was took in our system. I really thought I am still okay, so I ordered (I was brave enough to get another one, silly me) another bottle not knowing I'm on the brink of passing out already.

Next thing lead to another. I was slowly trailing, losing to my own self. Woke up in our house with so many aches in my body. I lose my grip! I took out my phone and iPad instantaneously. I need to find out what happened to me. Then I found out I passed out, dead drunk. A friend shared that I was carried out of the bar shoved inside the car and carried through our house. I was damn heavy even though I'm close to being skinny but good thing friends didn't left me behind! Another friend told me I banged myself somewhere in the comfort room, I presume that's where I got my bruises in forehead, nose (uhm, i think I broke my nose? Lol) and hips. Damn! I was so numb at that moment that I didn't even feel any pain when it happened. Intoxicated, alcohol in my system. I was so damn horrified because it was my first time passing out in a bar. The mere fact that  I lost my memory that night was added to the injury. How could I do it to myself?

Nevertheless, I had fun no qualms but lesson learned. Next time I am going to drink I need to at least eat a decent meal before consuming toxic liquids into my system. And, I need a non-alcoholic beverage in between drinking. I have this silly thought that I shouldn't consume too much liquid so I won't be going back and forth to the comfort room. That's what really happened!

For those people who look down on people who goes out and drink almost every day if not every weekend, here’s a quote for you:

“Drinking does not ruin your life, that’s all on you. If you can’t manage getting drunk and having a successful life, that’s your problem.”

We got out and drink to have fun not to ruin our life. We make sure we are able to do our responsibilities the moment we wake up in the morning.

I made this post a month late so I would feel less guilty about it and I'm going to remember it as my one of my "you only live once" memory. Ah, wild child but not that wild.

I drink but ain't a heavy drinker.. Instagram testimonials 😝😛 follow me username danerecabe







No comments:

Post a Comment